Wednesday 18 August 2010

WK on God and Rain

August 12, 2010
6:35 AM

WK: Daddy, you know God, yeah?

Me: Yeah.

WK: Some people think that when it rains, it's because God is spitting out water.

Me: Sure.

WK: People who, you know, go to church. Church people.

Me: I'm sure some of them believe that.

WK: Especially Christians. Christian people think about rain and spit a lot.

Me: That's true.

WK: I think God is real. I've even been to Church twice.

Me: That's good for you.

WK: Do you think God is real?

Me: No.

WK: That's OK. But have you ever seen a firework?

Me: Yes.

WK: I made them at science camp, but without the real fire part. My favourite kind is the kind that spits out golden fire. That's what made me think about those Christian people who think that God is spitting out water. I think God spits out fire.

Me: Lots of people in the olden days thought that Gods lived in the volcanoes we've been reading about. Do you remember reading about this?

WK: Sure, but that's just silly. Even LF knows that volcanoes are made when craters fill full of magma and then overflow, blow up and spit real fire, not God fire.

Me: I agree.

WK: Do you know that today I think I will be both a baby monkey and a baby bunny?

1 comment: